The links in the post below may be affiliate links.
Let’s face it… with the latest hurricane Irma hitting Orlando last week, you are probably questioning yourself whether that vacation you booked for September 2018 is “doomed”. You may be thinking of switching dates or canceling all together.
Before you make a decision, let’s state some facts:
- Safety comes first. And Walt Disney World believes the same. They will adjust schedules, make changes, put measures in place so you and your family will be safe if a storm hits while you are on vacation.
- Insurance is always an option. If you have any doubts whether your trip will be affected or not, purchasing Vacation Insurance is always recommended. No one wants to lose sleep over a “possibility”, right?
- In the event that you DO travel to WDW, AND a storm/hurricane comes through Orlando. Rest assured that you will be safe AND entertained. During this last hurricane guests enjoyed character visits, warm meals and drinks, some even got to enjoy the parks up until curfew was established in the state of Florida.
- Those who were scheduled to arrive the day flights were cancelled, had the ability to rebook at no cost.
- Many Travel Agents were on the phone working a new itinerary for their clients, many of them were on hold for 6 hours, some up until 3am (And no, I’m not exaggerating!). (Another benefit of booking with a Travel Agent)
With some of the facts stated above… Should you cancel/reschedule your September 2018 WDW vacation? I personally wouldn’t, but I would make sure I add travel insurance to my vacation. Work with a Travel Agent AND keep realistic expectations of the risks of traveling during hurricane season. You can find Walt Disney Worlds Policy regarding hurricanes here.
What is the current situation at Walt Disney World?
As of today, damage is still being assessed in some Resorts, all parks are up and running again. For the latest update, make sure to check Disney Parks Blog
Since we are talking about booking a Walt Disney World Vacation with a travel agent… what exactly does that mean? Your Travel Agent will work with you from the moment you decide to book a vacation.
- Provide quotes and help you decide the best Resort that fits your needs/wants.
- Work with you to help you choose dining experiences, fast passes, itineraries for each day.
- Arrange airport transportation for you and your family.
- We will be involved as much or as little as you want us to be.
- We will also be there for the unexpected! Yes! Like hurricanes, flight delays, and such.
And the best part, is that in my case… I will be there for you at no extra cost! You read that right, the prices for any Disney Vacation Package I offer is the same as if you were to book on your own through their website. So why not take advantage of my services?!
Contact me for a FREE no obligation quote and let´s start planning your next Disney adventure!